If you are buying spice grinders in bulk for the first time, you may be wondering what to look for when choosing a supplier. A large number of industries use spice. Retailers, food and seasoning manufacturers, catering businesses, restaurants, hospitality industries such as hotels and guest houses and even promotional companies will all require grinders at some point.
Because grinders are often purchased in bulk, a mistake can cause the entire order to be wasted. This never ideal for any business’ bottom line, of course. The good news is that once you have found a supplier that meets your budget and requirements, it will be far easier to place orders in the future.
What to Avoid When Purchasing Spice Grinders in Bulk
With that in mind, how do you know how to go about ordering large volumes of spice grinders? For starters, you can consider these tips on what NOT to do when ordering bulk grinders…
- Buying the cheapest grinders possible. It is always important to keep within your budget. But when it comes at a risk of sacrificing quality, price should not be your only consideration. Very cheap grinders may not include tamper-proof liners, which in turn may result in spices losing their freshness before their expiry date. Poor quality plastic grinders may also not be made from PET, meaning that they may not be free of toxic chemicals. Bulk orders help to save expenses – if you choose a grinder supplier that offers quality and good prices, you will have full peace of mind knowing that you are getting a decent product.
- Not considering your target customer. If you are a spice manufacturer, it’s a good idea to do your market research before placing an order. Will your ideal customer be more likely to purchase a PET grinder, or a glass bottle grinder? Will you need larger or smaller sized bottles, or will standard bottles be suitable? What sort of grinder tops would your ideal customer use? Knowing this information in advance will make it easier to know exactly which grinder bottles and tops to invest in, without wasting money on the incorrect grinders.
- Not considering your product. Likewise, you will need to think carefully about the type of seasoning you are selling as well. Flip top lids for herbs and spices come in a variety of sizes, including teaspoon, 19 hole and 7 hole. Other styles include dual flip top lids and non-removable sprinklers with built-in tamper-proof linings. If you are selling finely ground herbs or spices, you will need a closure with 19 holes, or a dual top closure. Coarsely ground herbs and spices however require a tea spoon or 7 hole lid.
Here at Global Grinders, we work hard to ensure that our customers always get full peace of mind when placing their orders. We provide a wide range of bottles, grinders and ready to grind sets that include both grinders and bottles. We also stock a range of flip top closers. If you require tamper-proof liners to keep your spices fresh on the shelves, we can assist with those as well. To learn more about our range, or to place an order, simply contact us today.
If you have a business that sells freshly ground spices, purchasing high quality spice grinders is essential. There is a lot more to ensuring that your spices remain fresh than you may have thought however.
Spices have long been popular in the kitchen. Used all over the world in many different cuisines, whole spices as well as ground spices come in a bigger variety than ever before. To provide your customers with the best quality of spices however, you first need to ensure that you take precautions when buying spices as well as grinders. Spices should be carefully selected and ground in volumes that minimise the risk of waste or spoilage. As ground spice has a shelf life that ranges up to a year, it is not ideal to have too many bottles left on the shelf. Preservatives are useful to some extent, but for those wanting a natural, chemical-free solution, this is not always a viable option.
What can you do to keep spices fresh and tasty, and what else should you consider when sourcing bottles and grinders?
Top Tips for Buying Spice Grinders for Your Business
We have put together some useful tips to keep in mind when sourcing spice grinders in bulk volume. Some things to consider include the following:
- Plastic or glass? Both plastic and glass bottles have pros and cons. In the retail sector, glass bottles have a higher value, which means that they could be worth the added investment when purchasing bottles. Depending on your business, your budget and your overall requirements, you may choose glass, plastic or a combination of both. Read our comparison of glass vs plastic bottles to see how they compare.
- Bottle sizes. Smaller businesses such as delis, health shops and local cafes may find that a smaller range consisting of a standard bottle size may be best, while larger businesses may find that larger, smaller and standard bottles add variety to spice selections. Bottles are available in a range of sizes and styles – 50ml, 80ml, 100ml, 325ml and 375ml.
- Bottle shape. You can also choose from a range of shapes. Classic cylindrical bottles are a popular choice, but you could also consider tapered bottles in plastic, or elegantly shaped bottles in glass. The shape often comes down to your overall business and your preferences. If you have a luxury farmer’s market store that sells organic spice blends, you may choose something smarter, but if you have a corner store that sells basic condiments and supplies, shape may not be an important factor at all.
- Grinder lid closures. There are also a range of different closures available. In the Global Grinders grinder range, Gourmet and Elegant tops have a higher-end look, while the Inline Adjustable and Ecoline tops are more streamlined. There are also additional options such as the Catering top and Snap-On top.
- Seals and liners. These are essential for a few reasons. Firstly, the seal keeps the spices fresh, allowing for a longer shelf life. Secondly, non-tamper seals give your customers better peace of mind in knowing that the goods have not been opened. Options for these include pressure sensitive foam liners as well as induction liners.
Once you have determined which types of grinders you will use, you will also need to determine labelling needs and packaging. But the perfect spice grinder is by far one of the most important things when it comes to spices, so it is well worth putting in some time and effort to ensure that you choose the best quality bottles and grinders that you can afford.