As an introduction we would like to let you know what you can look forward to. We plan to share with you interesting articles on packaging, recycling of materials, history of salts and spices and surprise you with some fascinating “did you knows”. We will also provide technical information, news about our new innovations and marketing tips, all gathered from our collective vast experience in the food packaging trade. We will be happy to answer any questions that you might have and, if we can’t help, we will refer you to someone that can.
RECYCLING is always in the forefront of everyone’s mind when it comes to packaging. Here are a few interesting ways that recycled PET bottles are used:
- In 2010, a famous brand of sportswear introduced the use of recycled PET into environmentally friendly jerseys for the soccer teams of Brazil, Portugal and Netherlands and their fans. In doing so over 12 million plastic bottles were diverted from the landfill.
- Surfers around the world are wearing board shorts made with a material using 100% recycled PET. Each pair of board shorts is comprised of approximately 10 bottles.
- For your beloved dog or cat – recycled plastic bottles are used to make comfortable beds to lie in and toys to chase around and rip apart.
- 5 PET bottles are used to make up the fill for one ski jacket.
- An innovative idea for planting in small gardens.
If you have any good recycling ideas, please let us know so that we can share them.